We often carry heavy burdens day in and day out for ourselves and for others. Let us remember we are a people carried by God. Let these scriptures remind you of such.
- Cast your burden on the Lord, and He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved. Psalm 55:22
- Is this not the fast that I have chosen: To loose the bonds of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, to let the oppressed go free, and that you break every yoke? Isaiah 58:6
- Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light. Matthew 11:28–30
- For I, the Lord your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, ‘Fear not, I will help you.’ Isaiah 41:13
- Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you. 1 Peter 5:6- 7
- Even to your old age, I am He, and even to gray hairs I will carry you! I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you. Isaiah 46:4
- He will feed His flock like a shepherd; He will gather the lambs with His arm, and carry them in His bosom. Isaiah 40:11
- The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles. Psalm 34:17
- Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10
- Save your people and bless your inheritance; be their shepherd and carry them forever. Psalm 28:9
- Though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand. Psalm 37:24
- I cling to you; your right hand upholds me. Psalm 63:8
- I know that the Lord secures justice for the poor and upholds the cause of the needy. Psalm 140:12
- The Lord upholds all who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down. Psalm 145:14
- He upholds the cause of the oppressed and gives food to the hungry. The Lord sets prisoners free. Psalm 146:7
- Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. Galatians 6:2
Compiled by Willow Weston for Collide.
Click HERE for more Collide Resources.